Thursday, March 10, 2011

Writer's Choice Introduction

For my writers choice piece I chose the Tradition Paper.  This paper means the most to me.  I’m a pretty tough person but I will be completely honest and say this class has been tough for me.  I have struggled with the first two papers and I did not want to chance letting myself down again with my last chance to prove I can improve.  I made an appointment with Lolly and it made me wish I had weeks before.  After expressing my frustration and getting her insight on my troublesome areas in my writing I took what I learned and wrote what I feel is a great paper.  I had a clear idea of what I needed to aim for and stay away from.  I believe I put as much effort into this paper as the other two combined and one I would be proud to showcase it for people to read. One of my biggest troublesome areas I have with formal essays is staying to a very structured format and keeping it on track.  With this paper every single sentence has a purpose and supports my thesis.  There are no off topic comments or filler sentences, that aren’t necessary to my points but I feel I also found a way to incorporate my voice to support my points.  For example when I wrote “Now the thought of having to write a letter is exhausting compared to typing out a quick email.” I feel shows my voice but is a clear example of the tradition of wholesome communication disappearing due to technology.  Reading this paper makes me smile because of the effort I put into it alone and I came out with a very well written piece of work I’m proud of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment