Thursday, March 10, 2011

Voice Piece Introduction

            My favorite of all the assignments we had was by far the name discussion board piece.  I went into this piece having no idea what I could write about when it came to my name.  But then when I sat down and started thinking about it my mind when every direction and it came easy!  I thought about who would be reading it and being a discussion board posting I knew my audience was my class, so people who had no idea who I am but are likely to be around my age.  Since it was aimed for the same age group I thought mentioning how my name is used as a beer would not only be funny (with the story behind it) and also catch the audience’s attention.  I used my enthusiasm and personality to liven it up and I feel you can really hear me almost telling you like it is coming straight from the horses mouth, and because of that I’m very proud of this post.  I also feel the simplicity of what I wrote but including the great voice made it easy for people to stay intrigued, not get bored and want to know more.  Knowing that I think it was easy for people to continue conversation based on what I wrote, by asking me questions or elaborating on what I said and relating it to their own story of their names.  As a whole this writing environment challenged my way of writing.  It was difficult at first trying to find a way to write to intrigue conversation between classmates and visa versa trying to continue conversation based on others writings.  I feel it was easier trying to pretend you were listening to someone talking and responding with what you’re really thinking after you read their posts.  With time it got easier and easier and I think it has helped a lot with my voice.  I do really feel this style of writing communication (discussion boards) has been very helpful and in all of my progress I feel this posting best shows my success in using voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment